Thursday, January 14, 2010

BYE BYE BUZZ!!


My next door neighbor is a SeaBee. His name is Buzz. He and his wife have have 3 kids, ages 7, 2 and 1. Buzz is leaving in the morning for a year deployment. First he is going to Haiti to help aid with the earthquake victims, not sure after that. He will definitely be gone a year. They knew he was to be leaving soon but I guess the horrific earthquake really sped up his deployment. Only one days notice! His wife doesn't have any family that lives near. I feel for her....her kids are the same age difference as my Patrick, Bren and Katie and when they were that age I cringe to think of what it would have been like to live somewhere without Brian or at least my Mom or a sister or two! I am very thankful and supportive of all of our troops no matter where they are. But I'm also thankful for the families that they leave behind, because they sacrifice for us too.....those poor babies will have to be without their dad for a whole year.....Shanae will have to be a single mom for a whole year.....And for that I am so grateful. I told Shanae the other day that she is married to a TRUE HERO but she is also a HERO! She has the most important job of all.....to take care of his family so that Buzz can serve OUR country for us! I feel honored to be their neighbor and I look forward to helping out in any way possible that can make this year go by as painless as possible. As a matter of fact......I feel it is my duty to help out in any way that I can!
THANK YOU BUZZ AND STAY SAFE!!! TRY NOT TO WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT YOUR FAMILY!! I PROMISE TO DO WHATEVER I CAN TO HELP THEM OUT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment